Want a treat that's about everything cozy? Try mulled wine, a holiday staple that's too good to just have for a special occasion. We like it best with a super-fruity red--Barbera or Zinfandel, for instance--but try it with your favorite red (or even a white or cider).
Servings: 6 glasses
- Large saucepan or slow cooker
- 1 bottle red wine Fruity is best
- 1 orange
- 1 cloves, whole
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 2-4 tbsp sugar, honey, or other sweetener
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan or slow cooker.
- Heat until barely simmering; do not boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and continue simmering for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Serve warm. Garnish with additional cinnamon sticks, orange slices, or anise as desired.
- Try it with white wine.
- Add 1/4 cup of brandy.
- Add UL's Sturdy Girl or other apple cider to taste.